The Bass River Sailing School operates as a 501C3 non-profit.
BASS RIVER SAILING SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
The Bass River Sailing School provides instruction in sailing for children 7-18 years of age. The program’s emphasis will be on developing well-rounded skills in all areas of sailing while allowing more advanced sailors, at their choice, to pursue higher levels of competition.
The goals of the Sailing School are to provide the children of Bass River Yacht Club members with a summer sailing program that will:
- Develop in each child an appreciation and love for sailing which can be pursued further in a variety of directions.
- Develop self-reliance, self-confidence, sportsmanship and respect for other people and property.
- Encourage understanding of and respect for wind, sea and boats and develop a thorough knowledge of the basics of safety and seamanship.
- Allow each sailor to become competent in boat handling in all conditions and in boat maintenance.
- Be structured and disciplined but above all to be FUN FOR EVERYONE.
Our approach to this learning process will be fun oriented, using a wide variety of activities to reinforce sailing skills and confidence. It goes without saying that if children enjoy what they are doing, they will learn faster and more thoroughly. They will also be more apt to continue sailing for a lifetime.
Parents and children alike should feel free to direct questions and suggestions to our Program Director Erick Cooper or the Bass River Sailing School Committee. Your email to Erick@bassriversailingschool.org. is encouraged.
Only through good communication among all parties can we maintain an outstanding sailing program which will provide our children with sound sailing skills, build their self-confidence, and ensure a fun-packed sailing experience.