The Bass River Sailing School operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
BASS RIVER SAILING SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
The Bass River Sailing School provides student-focused instruction in sailing with a low student to instructor ratio, for children 7-18 years of age. Over many years, the program has emphasized developing well-rounded skills in all areas of sailing while allowing more advanced sailors to pursue higher levels of competition, if desired.
The Bass River Sailing School provides the children of Bass River Yacht Club members, and non-members as space permits, with a summer sailing program that will:
- Develop in each child an appreciation and love for sailing which can be pursued further in a variety of directions.
- Develop self-reliance, self-confidence, sportsmanship, and respect for other people and property.
- Encourage understanding of and respect for wind, sea, and boats and develop a thorough knowledge of the basics of safety and seamanship.
- Allow each sailor to become competent in boat handling in all conditions and in boat maintenance.
- Be structured and disciplined but above all to be FUN FOR EVERYONE!
Our approach to this learning process is fun oriented, using a wide variety of activities to reinforce sailing skills and confidence. It goes without saying that if children enjoy what they are doing, they will learn faster and more thoroughly. They will also be more apt to continue sailing for a lifetime of enjoyment.
Only through good communication among all parties can we maintain our consistently outstanding sailing program which provides our children with sound sailing skills, builds their self-confidence, and ensures a fun-packed sailing experience. Parents and children (members and non-members) alike should feel free to direct questions and suggestions to our Program Director Mark Ahern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAILING SCHOOL 2021
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON FOR THE SUMMER 2021 BRSS YOUTH SAILING PROGRAM.